Frog Lube Maintenance Instructions
Recommended Weapon Maintenance Instructions
Directions for use: The following procedure should help you reduce your maintenance time and frequency intervals to insure the full, long-lasting performance of your weapon. You should use standard weapons cleaning tools such as nylon brushes, bore patches and brushes, Q-tips, bore snakes and cloths1. Since FrogLube is 100% biodegradable, you can select a premium grade cloth which you may launder in a washer and dryer. FrogLube recommends laundering separately. When used in accordance with these instructions, FrogLube delivers a slick and slippery finish that shoots dry, wicks to the surface when warmed and dissolves carbon on contact.
- Your new weapon is likely factory-treated with a lubricant or protectant of a petro-chemical substance or you may have used a petrochemical or other substances on your weapon.
- For your first application; for best performance, it is preferred to remove any petro-chemicals from your weapon using FrogLube Super Degreaser ™ or equivalent prior to applying FrogLube.(If pre-cleaning is not practical or desired, FrogLube will penetrate and eventually dissolve corrosive petrochemical present on the weapon.)
- Clean ALL surfaces with FrogLube cleaning products - FrogLube cleaners and degreasers do not leave a residue.
NOTE: You should eliminate the use of petrochemical-based cleaners and lubricants of a different chemistry since they negate the affects of a FrogLube-treated weapon.
Application & Treatment
- For best results, the metal should be warmed. 15 min of direct sunlight or equivalent, is long enough to allow for thorough warming. When the metal is warmed, the rate of FrogLube absorption is increased.
- Treatment: Apply a sufficient amount of paste or liquid to warmed metal and all operating parts. Apply a generous amount to a bore brush and vigorously scrub the bore. Allow time for FrogLube to penetrate. FrogLube penetrates the metal pores of cleaned parts and establishes a foothold on and beneath the metal surface. Wipe off excess with a microfiber cloth. Remember, penetration time is decreased with heat.
- For every day use: Visibly inspect your FrogLube treated gun for dirt and corrosion. Operate the action and check for smoothness of operation. Check for a clear and clean bore. Apply a small amount of FrogLube to closely fitted and load bearing surfaces, such as rails, lugs and roller bearings. Wipe off excess and go shoot.
NOTE: For more demanding conditions, such as salt water, humidity or long-term storage, we recommend a light to moderate coat of FrogLube on parts. Product is applied slightly more generously, and you should still see the metal surface through a gloss or thin film of the material.
Subsequent cleaning and re-application
- Disassemble main weapon parts and wipe clean with a micro-fiber cloth or bore patches. Use a nylon brush if necessary, and use metal brushes with care.
- Apply liquid cleaner if necessary, and wipe off until parts are clean and dry.
- Reapply FrogLube as indicated above.
NOTE: All of FrogLube’s products are bio-based, non-hazardous and environmentally friendly. However, for important health and safety information, please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for our products, which are located on the Company’s website and found in the “Pressroom” at http://www.froglube.com/pressroom.htm For additional product information or application advice, please contact FrogLube Products at (619) 400-7692 or write us directly at email@example.com
FrogLube is a product of:
PO Box 60581
San Diego, CA 92166
Since FrogLube is 100% food grade, you can safely apply it using your bare hands/fingers.