The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness...Learn More...
Descender for canyoning - The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness. Designed for use with canyoning descent techniques.
- Two extra friction spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
- Three braking position options
- A carabiner with a cross section of around 12 mm (e.g. Am'D) provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner / descender unit
- Stays attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
- Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
- The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a larkâ€™s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction
- Material(s): hot forged aluminum body
- Rope compatibility: For use on a single rope, 8 - 13 mm in diameter Can be used on double ropes, but certain braking positions may not be usable depending on the rope's diameter
- Weight: 90 g
|Country of Manufacture||N/A|
|Selling Unit Conversion||N/A|