Integrated Flotation System (IFS)
The IFS is different from anything currently on the market and greatly improves the users ability to work and survive in a maritime environment, at a greatly reduced cost when compared to other existing systems. TAG teamed up with Drift Dry during the design of the IFS and uses Drift Dry as our exclusive partner for manufacturing the IFS.
This system provides the user adjustable flotation as well as emergency flotation while performing small boat tactics, VBSS, OTB operations, river and stream crossings, jungle operations and GOPLAT missions.
The IFS, is a flotation system that can attach to any existing plate carrier. It is designed to aid in flotation of the user eliminating the need to use foam inserts in the armor carrier or wear bulky Stearns type life jackets. It is worn against the body of the user. The IFS has 2 air chambers that are connected to each other. The IFS provides the user the ability to either manually self-inflate the IFS or in an emergency pull the actuator so the IFS can be rapidly inflated with the built in C02 cartridge. The IFS can be reused an infinite number of times and does not add any bulk to the wearer, or interfere with their current loadout. The IFS is the only system that does not need to be re-packed after it is inflated, does not require an external inflation system or hoses to work and it can be inflated and deflated on demand by the user.
- The IFS provides 24 lbs of positive flotation on the surface in fresh water (30 in saltwater)
- The IFS can be worn with any armor or plate carrier or as a standalone unit
- The IFS can be inflated and deflated via an oral inflation tube located directly under the warfighter’s chin
- When the emergency pull handle is engaged the IFS will rapidly inflate in less than 2 seconds
- The C02 cartridge can be replaced in the field while the user is still wearing the IFS
- The overpressure valve keeps the IFS from over expanding if there is already air in the IFS when the C02 cartridge is fired
- The IFS adds zero bulk to the war fighter
- Because the IFS is worn behind the ballistics of the warfighter and against the body it is protected as much as the warfighter is from ballistic threats and or sharp objects that can puncture the system
- The Oral Inflation Hose, C02 Actuator and Overpressure Valve can all be disassembled for maintenance
|Country of Manufacture||United States|
|Selling Unit Conversion||N/A|